Thursday, March 12, 2009

Flowers

Ok, so flowers for a wedding are really expensive! Mom wants me to get real ones, but that's gonna run AT LEAST $500!! For flowers !?! It'll be around $125 just for my boquet! That just seems silly to me. They're going to be used for 4 hours and then what? Left out of water and wilt, more than likely. Not to mention corsages and boutineers...for just about everyone too. I'd need like 10 boutineers and 15 corsages or something. That's $200 bucks right there. And then the florist lady was implying that using one flower with filler was "skimpy". At those prices....I don't think so. Really, I can get silk flowers (not the super cheap ugly kind, but nice, realistic ones) for half that price. Ok, check it out. http://www.wedideas.com/RoundFall.htm they have some really pretty ones that are what I want only with silk instead of real flowers. The Gerbera Mix boquet (substituting orangeish roses for the calas) would be perfect. and $70 for a 12" boquet...that's much more reasonable! I was thinking of having the girls cary just the gerberas (just scroll down that same page) or maybe the rose and gerbera mix (with orangeish roses again). Call me crazy but I think they look great...Ricky would probably say that I'm being cheap about the wedding again, but I think they would work fine!

1 comment:

  1. Being one of the "girls"... I say do what ever you want to do. It doesn't matter what anyone wants besides you (and of course Ricky - but I'm guessing that he is like Michael and won't give a crap about the flowers).
    Good luck with the planning!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete