Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Invitations....sort of

So here's what I started with. I LOVE this stamp and thought these turned out really pretty.... but...by the time I put the invitation on top, you lose the whole effect and won't be able to see any of it anyway. So...take 2. I used the Versa Mark to make watermarks on the invivtations....and they turned out like this.

Very nice!! So, I tried printing on top and I think that it'll show up ok.

So here it is with some orange accents. I found a cute little swallow stamp for $6 that I'll use instead of the flower at the bottom. The ribbon isn't going to work though. It'll make too big of a bump to fold everything up.

I think I like it better on the orange paper actually...plus I can make it a little smaller and add some blue so that you see both colors. I definitely like the little swirly stamp there.

Ok, so there's still another side to decorate and I saw this idea in one of the invitation books I had. It uses our thumbprints to make a heart. It's a really cute idea, but it doesn't match the other side and I don't want to have colored thumbs for two weeks afterward!


1 comment:

  1. I really like the watermark stamp. I think I like the orange best too, plus the bird stamp at the bottom would look really pretty on it in blue. Are you going to print or handwrite the invitation? I know what you mean about the thumbprints. It's cute but that's a lot of thumbprints. You might be able to use your same stamp in blue across the back of your envelope or something like that to carry the same theme. You could also just use the little blue sparrow on the envelope. Just an idea. I like it!

    ReplyDelete